Meeting your diverse financial needs is our priority to ensure we provide you suitable alternatives with less stress.
This loan type is accessible to members whose employers have agreed to NCSL’s terms of conditions under a Commitment Letter. The 1:5 ratio enables a member to borrow 5 times the current savings balance that he/ she has but is subjected to assessment by our Lending Team.
Before submitting your application, please check here to see if your employer is registered for 1:5 loans.
- K1,000.00 minimum loan
- Available to members who have a gross annual salary of K25,000 per annum Unsecured loan
- Maximum loan is dependent on available savings.
- Loan interest charged is 30% per annum.
- Minimum loan repayment term is 1 month
- Maximum loan repayment terms is 60 months or 5 years
- All loans must strictly adhere to the approved loan repayment schedule and through payroll deduction.
- The security against this lending is a written undertaking produced by a member’s employer to pay to NCSL the member’s “long service leave” or “severance entitlements” in the event that the member leaves employment or is not able to repay the loan.
- Your savings is used as security and any transfer from savings to loan is subject to approval by NCSL Lending.
- Online application available on Personal Online Services.
- Borrowing 5 times the amount of your savingsEasily accessible
- Short processing time-frame
- Instant access to funds
Loan Processing Timeframe
- 2 business working days excluding weekends and public holidays.
Fees & Charges
- K150.00 is charged for approved applications.
How to Apply
- Fully completed application form
- Provide 3 most recent pay slips
- Confirmation letter of employment
- Proof of ownership of personal asset for security
- Provide a minimum of 12 months bank statement (first time borrower and, or if loans exceeds K10,000.00)
- Statement of Financial Position if total loan exceeds K10,000.00
NCSL encourages members to submit online applications, If unsure, click here.
Approved loans are deposited into the member’s Poro Account for accessing using Poro Card.
If you do not have a Poro Card, inquire with our Call Centre Team by clicking here.