The IT Helpdesk Analyst is responsible for delivering a high-quality service desk capability across all of ncsl’s IT services. Working closely with the Team Leader IT Helpdesk and other IT teams, the role provides first level technical support, incident resolution, problem resolution, request fulfilment, and proactively monitors the Service Desk to ensure the smooth operation of ncsl’s systems and services.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
Provide first level support for incident and problem resolution across ncsl’s catalogue of services.
• Ensure incidents and requests are logged correctly, prioritised, and resolved in a timely and professional manner.
• Proactively monitor ncsl’s IT systems and services to identify and resolve potential issues before they impact users.
• Ensure service quality meets or exceeds agreed service levels, and that customers / members are kept informed of progress and service status.
• Escalate complex issues to the appropriate teams or vendors, and work closely with them to ensure timely resolution.
• Work closely with other IT teams and the TL IT Helpdesk, to ensure a coordinated approach to IT service delivery.
• Develop knowledgebase articles and make it available for end user consumption
• Maintains an updated record of the IT assets register for ncsl
• Maintain an updated register of software and hardware licenses
Education & Qualifications
• Diploma or Degree qualification in an Information Technology related field
• ITIL certification will be advantageous
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role
• Previous experience in banking and financial services industry is advantageous but not essential
• Strong technical skills across a range of IT services, including applications, system administration and networks.
• Experience in delivering incident and problem resolution for IT services, with a strong customer focus.
• Experienced in the installation and management of IT Helpdesk system.
• Knowledge of IT service management frameworks, such as ITIL.
People Oriented Skills
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve complex technical issues.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
• High attention to detail, with a commitment to producing high-quality work that meets or exceeds service levels.